Thursday, January 21, 2016

Having the Internet Again... Can I be Productive?

After a long hiatus without a stable internet connection, I've finally regained the ability to waste my time in the funnest way possible! I've been trying to transition from being solely a content consumer to a producer as well. My efforts have bore some fruit.

Namely, my good friend Davis and I started a podcast together entitled Davis & the Jake-Man. Our first podcast is live and I'm very happy with how it came out. We did a talk show with another friend of ours a few years ago and this is sort of the rebirth of our ambitions (albeit modest) with regards to online anime discussion forums.

This time, however, we're broadening the subject matter to include technology, as we both have backgrounds in IT. We discussed Star Wars: The Force Awakens the other day and I'm in the process of editing it presently. ETA this weekend. I've also begun the process of learning how to code thanks to freemium e-learning website CodeCademy. Follow my progress here if you so choose. I've applied to Worcester State University for the autumn 2016 semester, having declared Computer Science as my major; this is my way of preparing.

Bonus: I recently bit the bullet and invested in a MacBook. Being a Debbie Downer, it was hard to identify with that damn cheerful finder.app, so I made my own icon.